![]() |
| image generated via ChatGPT |
Massachusetts-born US Marine held captive by Russia since 2022 said to be near death. {WCVB 10 August}
The details are harrowing, and it is accounts such as this one that make me question whether worshipping God serves any purpose apart from the mere avoidance of eternal perdition, for He is manifestly not on the side of millions of innocent people and creatures subjected daily to tyranny and slaughter. He does, however, seem to protect the wicked. At an exceptionally old forty-eight years, I have grown thoroughly tired of feeling compelled to venerate a deity out of fear of damnation, and yet I know, in the very marrow of my being, that if I cease fearing Him and cease believing in Hell then I am going to end up there. In all likelihood, I shall end up there in any case, in the company of ninety-nine per cent of the rest of you besides. Verily, this is NOT a loving God that we are forced to mind, and forgive me for my rapidly deepening resentment towards Him. Nonetheless, I pray for Robert Gilman and his family.
🪐💔 #QueSeraSera 𓅨 🕈
